Oct 17, 2008

Why oh why Joe Maddon did you not pitch to Jason Bay?

I think this month God is trying to tell me to stop watching sports. I don't know how else I could explain the absolute disapointing postseason the Angels rolled out, the 49ers dropping three straigtht after starting 2-1 and looking like they might be ready to make the jump, the UCLA Bruins disaster of a season, Randy Moss destroying my fantasy team and the 0-4 Anaheim Ducks.

I bring this up because last night the Red Sox (from the city that shall not be named) fought back from a 7-0 defecit to defeat the Tampa Bay Rays and send the series back to Tampa. Catherine and Sheri were at my house yesterday and in the sixth inning Sheri said "it's over." Tampa was up 7-0 at the time, and with only 12 outs to play with, she figured that there was no way the Sawx were catching Tampa. I told her, though, "don't say that just yet. This isn't over." And the rest is history. It's not so much that I want Tampa Bay to win (although they are a great story this season) as much as it is I want to see The Red Sox lose. Ugh, I don't even want to get into this.

I'm still feeling sick.. and I have to get ready for a date tonight... Oh my.

No comments: