Sep 17, 2008

New Wave

Today was Sean's birthday. Chris and I drove down to Chili's in Corona to celebrate with Sheri and Sean, who showed up an hour or so later. It's nice hanging out with Chris again, we seem to share a lot in common; even if he smokes crazy amounts of weed and listens to 60's rock. It was also nice seeing Sean again as well. Its been about a month since I really even talked to him, and while I completely disagree with his actions and attitude that day, I missed him. I think we keep each other in line, and without each other we both seem to drift off and end up in trouble. I also saw that waitress from Chili's for the first time since our little date experience. I didn't say anything. I wasn't even sure what I should even say. I just drank my vodka and orange juice and watched Sportscenter.
I saw the Dodgers won today... which means we're closer to the possibility of a freeway series. How amazing would that be?
Time to review my week one picks: (My pick in italics)

Tennesse over Cincinnati : I expected more from Carson Palmer, and less from a Vince Young-less Titans team. Sorry Cincy, I give up. You guys ARE a terrible football team.

Green Bay over Detroit: Come on... this was a gimmie.

Oakland over Kansas City: I make no excuses. A mediocre at best Chiefs team should take care of business at home against a terrible Raiders team. It just didn't work out that way.

NY Giants over St. Louis: St. Louis IS that bad. Plain and simple.

Indianapolis over Minnesota: I went with the home team in this match up of good but not great teams. Minnesota threw everything they had at Indy, but in the end Peyton Manning stepped up and did what he does best. I still stand by my pick.

Washington over New Orleans - This shouldn't have happened. How am I supposed to take the Saints serious when they lose to a team like the Deadskins... Ugh.

Carolina over Chicago: Like I said, Chicago has no quarterback.

Buffalo over Jacksonville: Marshaun Lynch scored a touchdown, and the Bills won. Too bad my fantasy team did not =(.

San Francisco over Seattle - Secretly, I thought San Fran would win the game, but I couldn't jinx them. Read my post below this for my thoughts on this game.

Tampa Bay over Atlanta: This was my fault for buying into the Matt Ryan hype and overselling Jeff Garcia. Clearly I didn't think this one through.

New England over NY Jets - Note to Mangenious: you're still not the class of the AFC East. Remember this.

Arizona over Miami: Surprise, surprise.

Denver over San Diego: Look, I shouldn't have won this game at all... but I'll take it. That call against SD at the end was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Baltimore at Houston: PPD due to Hurricane Ike

Pittsburgh over Cleveland: The Browns put up a hell of a fight, but The Steelers are just that good.

Dallas over Philadelphia: What a game. I was biting my nails... I needed this game for some sweet redemption.


W-L: 8-7 week; 8-7 overall

later on in the week I'll give my week three predictions...

No comments: