Sep 17, 2008

This is Unusual...

Today was another day in which I thanked my parents for raising me with morals, values, and proper etiquette. For not being gun toting, bud drinking, flag waiving, cross bearing, crackhead redneck Chuch going fundamentalist Christians. Family after family after family came in for ice cream, all void of intellectual thought and reasoning. Kids ran wild while Mom (who was either fifty pounds over or under weight) screamed at them to order their one scoop of ice cream. Dad on the other hand (complete with hillbilly facial hair and at least one article of clothing branded by an alcohol brewing company) was nowhere to be found until it was time to pay, which was normally ten minutes after they started ordering, cause their five kids took five minutes to decide what they wanted, and two more changing their minds after their order. It's day's like these that I'm thankful my Mom did not smoke crack while she was pregnant.
I don't understand the whole Rockband/Guitar Hero obsession this country has. For that matter, I don't understand the whole video game obsession . I have a Nintendo Wii, but I don't think I've played it in a good three weeks, and before that I was only playing it for Mario Kart. But with Guitar Hero and Rockband, I don't understand the point? I will admit, I've had a good time playing Rockband while singing The Clash, but that was due to a lot of vodka in my system. But why not just pick up an actual guitar? Then you're not bound to the same 50 shitty songs that appear in both games. I guess it's just easier hitting buttons then strumming actual strings? Whatever, thanks to games like Rockband and Guitar Hero and Madden and whatnot kids play virtual guitar and virtual football instead of, you know, play actual guitar and actual football. At least most kids aren't playing actual Grand Theft Auto.
I'm falling in love with Stacy Clark. I have no clue what she looks like, but I absolutely love her voice. Sure, I only know one song, but I can't stop listening to it. It kind of sums up my mindset right now.
Watched the Angels lose again in Oakland, this time due to shitty defense. I don't know, all of a sudden I'm just not as comfortable as I was a week ago. I did however get a ticket to game two of the their divisional series. I'm hoping it's against Boston. I really, really despise Boston.
For the past month I've been a ball of nerves. It's not fun, and I can't explain it. My stomach hasn't felt right in a while, it constantly hurts. Sometimes it's hard to sleep. I'm not sure what that really means? Is it connected to nerves? Or should I go to the doctor? I don't know
I have a paper to write on an article in the Press Enterprise about California's growing budget problem. I should probably start that now.

No comments: