Sep 15, 2008

33-30!!!!

The 49ers are in the win column! I know it's just one win, and that they're still a long shot to make any kind of noise in the NFC, but this was an impressive win. They trailed 14-0 to start the game, and battled back all day thanks in large part to (swallowing my pride) J.T. O'Sullivan. Maybe Mike Nolan and Mike Martz were onto something here. But after the 59-0 beating UCLA took Saturday at BYU, and my fantasy team tanking this week, this softened the blow a bit. And it was against perennial division powerhouse Seattle, which made it that much more sweet. I was on the phone with Frank for quite some time today while at work (mostly via texting) getting score updates and talking about the 49ers season, and we both seemed pretty excited. I'm not expecting to be the Dallas Cowboys, but remember, nobody expected the Giants or the Packers to be where they were last year. Stranger things can happen.
Another NFL sidenote: what on earth am I going to do with Randy Moss? I'm half worried he might revert back to Oakland Raiders-Randy Moss, and half worried that if I unload him, he'll revert back to 2007 record setting-Randy Moss. I'm conflicted. Damn you Tom Brady and your weak ACL/MCL.
And to wrap it up, congratulations to Frankie Rodriguez on setting the single season save record. May that get you an extra $3 to $5 million a year from the New York Mets or Seattle Mariners. Seriously, I was stoked to see the save record set by Frankie, but the save is a glorified statistic. He comes in with a three run lead, gives up two runs and leaves the bases loaded. Meanwhile Joe Nathan goes 1-2-3 nearly every night. I dunno... maybe I'm just cynical.

No comments: