Oct 11, 2008

Would you like another BIG ASS FRY

So no posts lately; its time to play catch-up.

So I think I'm finally over the Angels early playoff exit. It still doesn't sit well with me, but what's done is what's done. They had a great regular season, the best in franchise history, but beat themselves against Boston. I would just like to re-iterate that statement: The Angels beat themselves. And that's what disappointing about the exit. Well that and the fact that 1.) it was at the hands of the Boston Redsox and 2.) The Dodgers are currently playing in the NLCS. However that doesn't look like it's going to last long. Oh well, next year when Manny Ramirez is playing LF/DH for the New York Yankees we'll see how many people give a shit about the boys in blue.

Here, without further ado, are my five moves the Angels need to make in the offseason:

1.) Re-sign Mark Teixeira : Just show him the money, plain and simple. I shouldn't even need to explain this.

2.) Let K-Rod walk: He want's $15 milliion to CLOSE a baseball game, something that he did a record 62 times this past season. That stat is so misleading for the fact that out of the 62 times he did save a game, only like 18 were done 1-2-3. He's not worth $15 mil and you have Shields, Arredondo and Escobar who can close. Let him walk and take that money to re-sign Tex.

3.) Re-sign Juan Rivera : Juan is wasted on the bench, as he should be an every day starter. If you let him leave, he's going to put up the numbers he did in '06 when you allowed him to play full time. Gary Matthews is NOT an every day starting outfielder in the majors. Sign Garrett Anderson if you must, but don't underestimate Juan Rivera. By the way, that Jose Guillen for Maicer Izturis and Juan Rivera has shaped up to be a steal for the Angels.

4.) Lock up Vlad Guerrero and John Lackey: Vlad puts fans in the seats, and still had a good (if unbalanced) season. Lackey is a bonefied ace. He has the swaggar and the fire a-la Roy Halladay. Don't let him walk.

5.) Figure out what you're doing with farmhands : Kendry Morales, Brandon Wood, Nick Aidenhart, Nick Green, Sean Rodriguez, Bobby Wilson the list continues. If you're not going to use them then move them. Wood, Green, and Aidenhart are valuable chips. If you need to re-load than use them.

I think, though, the reason it doesn't sting as much is because of Catherine. She's probably also the reason why posts have been few and far-between. She's amazing. Every day with her ges better and better. Thursday night she cooked me dinner (which was delicious) and we just relaxed and watched Idiocracy (which I reccomend.) Yesterday was the first day since last Tuesdsay (not this last Tuesday, but the Tuesday before) that I didn't see her. Look, I'm a pretty independant person. I don't like people in general. I like my time to myself. With her though, I want to see her every day. It sucks when I don't. She makes me feel safe, and gives me a purpose. She has me acting like one of the boys in the couples that makes me sick. Seriously, we're the cheesiest couple on the planet; the kind that usually makes me vomit. And I love it. If that ain't love then I don't know what love is.

anyway I have things to do before work. Peace

No comments: