Oct 31, 2008

How to lose a guy in ten days

Sorry, long time no post.... so lets get started.

Catherine was telling me about this phenomenon called "Mercury Retrograde" (yeah... she's into all that astrology stuff.) I already forgot what it means, so, according to astrology.about.com Mercury slows down and Since Mercury rules communication, it's said that everything goes haywire in that area -- emails get deleted or bounced back, mail is returned, calls go out into the ethers, etc. Some people find that their computers go on the fritz or phone lines go down. Well, it ended on October 15th. Since then my car's maitenance light has come on, my computer completely died(which would explain the delay in posts) and my cable box no longer shows the time. So much for Mercury Retrograde, not that I bought into it in the first place.

On Tuesday Cat and I went to Hollywood to see a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show, with the Alkaline Trio performing. It was pretty boring. The crowd sucked, the Trio played five songs, two were good (not great, but good) one was decent, and two were forgettable. Matt Skiba looked like a cross between Heath Ledger's Joker, Mike Ness, Willy Wonka, and a salamander. Sigh, at least he's not dressing like a Vampire or A Clockwork Orange anymore.

So I'm the only one working today at my work. Well, outside of a supervisor. So from 2:30 to 11 I will be not only manning the checkstand and photo, but I will be serving ice cream. Indeed a happy halloween to me.

I love 30 Rock, but I'm a bit afraid about this season. Now, before I go any further, let me just say that I missed the season premire yesterday and my tivo decided it didn't want to record it (take that Mercury Retrograde) but it sure seems like it's getting an awful lot of press. And don't tell me, "well it won 3 Emmys last year" because Arrested Development won it's share of Emmys and nobody watched that show. As great as Tina Fey was as Sarah Palin, I think that turned a lot of people onto 30 Rock, and that's not always a good thing. Plus, they're running out guest star after guest star (Jennifer Anniston? Oprah Winfrey?) Honestly Tina, just stick with your SNL friends, like Chris Parnell, who was amazing as Dr. Leo Spaceman.

I've got to get ready for work

No comments: