Oct 14, 2008

Are you ready for some (fantasy) football?

After two weeks of bullshit losses (one by one point to Scott Oliverio, and another because I forgot to set my line up and had Randy Moss on the bench) my fantasy team is back up to .500. Even more impressive, they took down Jason's team, the number one team in the league. It took a huge effort from Drew Brees (my fantasy MVP,) Thomas Jones and Marvin Harrison, but I took a 109-102 win from a team averaging just about 130 points a game. I'm also just one game out of first now. Sigh, if only my underachieving wide receiver crew (Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and Issac Bruce) could step up and do something.

It's times like these that I feel I have no social life what-so-ever.

So for my journalism class (forgive me, I'm bad with "class number" or "official titles" so it's just my journalism class for now) I had to attend a Fullerton city function, which is all well and good but I don't live in Fullerton. So I took Catherine and headed off to a Parks and Recreation Commission council meeting. Let me tell you, it was about as fun and exciting as it sounded. Hearing people discuss naming rights on some building at some community center I'm not familiar with or the size of plaques on memorial tree's I didn't know existed made me wonder "is this where my tax dollars are going?" Then I realized that I don't live in Fullerton, nor do I have (serious) political aspirations, and I let it go. Plus, I was freezing cold and wasn't in the mood to bitch, like I am now.

I think I'm getting sick. It sucks. I hate getting sick, because I won't go to the doctors unless I absolutely have to, and I'm extremely forgetful when it comes to taking medication regularly. So I suffer until my entire body shuts down. Plus I work and go to school full time, and I hate calling in sick to work and usually that's not an option anyways. And they wonder why I ask if I can use my sick pay for vacation time. Catherine, in the meantime, is playing nurse, making me eat spicy foods, drink orange juice, and get lots of rest. Last night I took her advice and ordered a fajita from Chili's. I ate about a third of it before my stomach started acting up. The fajita is currently sitting in the back of my car, and the mentioning of food makes my stomach turn. But that's a completely different illness altogether. Ugh, I'm dying.

I'm not going to sit here and get preachy (despite the fact that I have the tendency to) but I do feel I need to say something here about Proposition 8. For those of you who don't know what it is, proposition 8 is trying to define marriage in the California state constitution as marriage between a man and a woman. I just don't understand this? Why is same-sex marriage so threatening to the American public? There are far worse things in this world than a same sex couple. How about the video games your children play. You fear they'll grow up "gay" if they see same-sex couples, but aren't afraid they'll turn into Dexter if they play Grand Theft Auto? Give me a break. And who are the government to tell us who we can and can't marry? Homophobia needs to stop people. Vote NO on proposition 8.



I need to get ready for school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looooves you :D